Divers, freedivers and snorkelers….Join us on “Clean Up Australia Day” for our biggest and best Dive Against Debris EVER at Manly Cove!!
We will kick off the day with a clean-up dive, followed by our usual ‘single-use plastic free’ sausage sizzle with delicious food donated by our sponsors. Don’t forget to bring some cash as a gold coin donation is welcomed for the food- money will be pumped back into local projects to tackle plastic pollution.
Finally we’ll be counting and recording the trash-data, stick around to help as many hands will make light work!
The great thing about Dive Against Debris is the rubbish you remove can no longer harm marine life. Also, the data we report will help drive real change – changes on a personal level, changes to the behaviour of local businesses and even changes to government policy to help stop this mess at the source.
How to get involved:
1) Register for a ticket (free)and any rental gear needed (to say thank you for helping, rental gear is half-price for this event). A link to tickets is at the top of this page.
2) Share the event with your friends – the more divers/snorkelers we have in the water, the bigger impact we will make!
3) Come to Dive Centre Manly by 9am on Sunday 4th March to complete registration form and we will direct you to Manly Cove for gear allocation, gear-up and briefing.
If you don’t bring a dive-buddy, don’t worry! We’ll pair up buddies on the day 😊
After you’ve dived Manly Cove clean, stick around to ‘dance the beach clean’ with ‘Beat The Bottle’ – a land based clean-up with live music from FBi radio DJs as well as more delicious eats!
Essential safety points:
– SCUBA Diving will be undertaken by certified divers only – please bring evidence of your certification. The dive site is suitable for all experience levels.
– All participants (SCUBA, freedivers and snorkelers) must attend the safety briefing held prior to the dive at Manly Cove.
– Gloves are a must! Bring your dive gloves or gardening gloves…. Dive gloves will be available to buy at Dive Centre Manly on the morning if you need some. We will provide net bags for rubbish collection.
– Animals colonise our trash, so…..When cleaning up, leave behind glass bottles and cans because these often have blue-ringed octopus living in them! Ensure that you tip out any sand /sediment from trash before collecting items like bags/cups etc.